Sunday, February 14, 2010

So what will our offense look like in 2010 then?

I figured it would be nice to look at everything we have discussed thus far and try to paint a picture of what our offense might look like for the 2010 season before moving on to the defense which I’m sure we’ll have a harder time trying to figure out. This is really just a summary of the last few posts but I thought having it all in one place would paint a clearer overall picture.

Quarterback.- Despite all the discussion and disagreements, I still stand by the fact that our quarterbacks will be Chad Henne as a starter, Tyler Thigpen as a second string and Pat White as a third string.
Wide Receiver.- From all the rumors going around it seems as though Anquan Boldin will become our #1 WR, with Ted Ginn still on the roster to assist him (hopefully he’ll be able to perform more with someone else being the main target). I think Brian Hartline will develop into our #2 WR next season and we will have Davon Bess and Greg Camarillo as our slot receivers.

Running Back.- This might be the one area I’m still not too sure about because although I personally would love for Ronnie Brown to come back I still think there’s a possibility for a trade there. Ricky Williams will come back and he will have a great season, he proved he had it in him last season and he’ll want to leave with a bang. Lousaka Polite will continue to be that dependable guy in those short yard situations and Lex Hilliard will play more of a starter role as he prepares to tak over for Ricke when he retires.

Tight End.- Although not our strongest position I don’t see us picking up anyone new here, I still think they’ll work on developing the young guys we have so we can expect to see Anthony Fasano, Joey Haynos and Kory Sperry, and I hope they surprise us.

Offensive Line.- As far as the O-line goes I think we only have to worry about keeping our guys healthy because when they remain healthy they are a pretty impressive bunch.

So know that we can look at what our offense will shape up to be I feel pretty confident with this side of things, so now it’s time to look at the defense, we all now we need help there but just how bad is our situation? I will break it all down just like this in similar posts. In the meantime I would love to hear your opinions on both, what you think about the looks of these O and what you think we need on D.
Remember you can leave your comments here or email me at phins2phins@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Donate

Follow me on Facebook

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Followers