Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dolphins @ Vikings Week 2 Preview

The Dolphins enter the second week of the NFL season with a positive 1-0 record, something they haven't been able to do for a few years now, but this week they face a stronger opponent when they prepare to take the field against the Minnesota Vikings tomorrow at 1 pm.

The Vikings represent the first big challenge the Dolphins will face in the next few weeks as they prepare to take on four consecutive opponents who all made the playoffs last season, and they have all the tools required to pull of the upset, the question is whether or not they'll be able to pull it together in time to do so. There were a lot of questions surrounding the Dolphins victory last week over the Bills, but I stand strong in my opinion that they were just trying to do enough to get by; we will find out this week whether or not I was right.

The Vikings on the other hand come into this game having lost to the Saints last Thursday in the opening game, a rematch of last year's NFC Championship. For a team that has high Super Bowl expectations two consecutive losses would just not be accepatble. Favre himself has something to prove too since he lacked chemistry with most of his receivers and didn't really connect with any of them in a big way during that game; oddly enough he seemed to have the most chemistry with Camarrillo, a guy we traded and someone whom he has never shared the field before. Favre also probably has a little bone to pick with the Dolphins since it less than two years ago the Dolphins D threw him around all over the field in that final game of the 2008 season when we defeated the Jets and earned the top spot in the division.

It'll be interesting to see how our defense will do against a team like the Vikings, Clemmons will see himself challenged this week and I hope he will make his presence known as he did last week, I expect the same from the secondary and I want to see the D line be strong both, when containing the run and when limiting Favre to throwing from the pocket. Having Dansby show up like last week and get a sack three games into the game would be a nice touch.

On offense I'd like to see Henne cut lose, the Vikings have a strong run defense and the only way we can open up the game is by stretching the field out with our passing game, it's about time we hear the first Henne to Marshall for a touchdown of 40+ yards.

This is a game that we can win and one that I expect for them to win, going into the season I had originally conceded this to be one of the games we would lose, but now that it's here and having watched both teams my opinion has changed. I don't think it'll be an easy one and I'm sure my opinion is strongly biased but here is my prediction anyway: The game will be a nail biter until the end, the Dolphins win it 20-14, and just fo fun Favre thrown one int... I just haven't decided who is the one that picks him... Benny Sapp maybe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Donate

Follow me on Facebook

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Followers