Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sundays Are Not the Same Without the Dolphins

Prior to the start of the season I can admit I was worried about the fact that our bye week came by so early on; but now that it's here I have to admit I am thankful. The Dolphins started this season stronger than they have in the past few years by going 2-0 with road victories only to come home and fall to two division rivals, and while their performance against the Jets is not something to be embarrassed about, the game against the Patriots was an ultimate disgrace!

At 2-2 the Dolphins sit third in the division, and although working their way out of that hole will be difficult, it's not an impossible task. As of right now, the team needs to remain focused on the fact that although it doesn't seem like it, their destiny is indeed still in their hands, we do after all play both of the teams that beat us and a split will leave us even with them when it comes to the division.

Another unlikely small advantage also materialized last week when Randy Moss got traded to the Vikings; this trade benefits the Dolphins two-fold. On one side, the Patriots have given up one of the better wide receivers in the league, making them a slightly weaker team, and on the other hand, it made the Vikings stronger. The benefit for us lies in the fact that while we already beat the Vikings, the Jets and the Patriots still have to play them and the addition of Moss adds to the possibility of the Vikings pulling those wins, thus giving the Dolphins the little bit of the edge they might need come the end of the season if they pull the wins they need to pull themselves.

There has been a lot of talk about pressing the panic button last week, and I'll admit I was close to considering it as well, but now that I've had a couple of days to regroup I have decided to wait and see what kind of a performance we can put up in Green Bay coming of a bye, against a Packers team that was beat by a not so strong Bears team a week ago. I have faith in the boys, and I will stand by them til the last game of the season... I'll miss you out on the field this week, but I know you will make it up to me the next =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Donate

Follow me on Facebook

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Followers